Some of this content was originally part of our “Christmas in July” entry. I wanted to add more places as well as videos but that would have made it much too long. I had fun working on this “strictly for fun” blog entry and quite a few giggles watching some of the videos. I hope you enjoy it too.
Christmas Event Planning: Places to Find Inspiration
In all of my articles, I make a point of drawing a distinction between team building and team recreation. I’ve stressed the fact that team socials and recreational activities play an important role in team and organizational health. They just shouldn’t be the main budget item for initiatives related to team development. Recreational events are not a substitute for real team building.
Christmas is the perfect time to plan an event that’s strictly social for your team. Not only is it a nice way to say thank you for year long efforts, but planning a Christmas event can give inexperienced members of your team a chance to hone their project management, planning and organizational skills with a project that is not mission critical. Form a small committee with about 3 members and assign an executive assistant or manager to guide them. Sub-committees can be used to execute specific aspects of the event without bogging down the planning or the decision making processes.
The earlier you start planning your corporate Christmas event, the more options and choices you will have for venues and activities. If you’re having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit when the temperatures are soaring, there are places around the world where it’s always Christmas. From Toronto to Montreal, from Germany to Japan, you’ll find insipiration the moment you walk through the front door.
Christmas Event Planning: Places Where it’s Always Christmas
- Bracebridge, Ontario Santa’s Village
- Toronto, Ontario Christmas on the Beach
- Niagara-on-the Lake, Ontario Just Christmas Shop
- Toronto, Ontario Flatiron’s Christmas Market, 51 Front St E, Toronto
- Jasper, Ontario The Country Christmas Shoppe, 201 Kilmarnock Road, Jasper (1 Hour from Ottawa and Kingston)
- Jefferson, New Hamsphire Santa’s Village
- Rothenberg Das Weihnachtsdorf/ The Christmas Village
- Copenhagen Danish Art & Christmas Shop
- Port Elizabeth, The Christmas Shop
Places Where Christmas Comes Early
- Salzburg, Austria
Salzburg also has a year round Christmas shop.
- London, UK – Selfridge & Harrod’s
- Toronto, Canada Christmas by Lamplight
- Sapporo, Japan
Online Christmas Stores
If you can’t get to any of these places, don’t worry. There are plenty of places in cyberspace where you can find inspiration for Christmas events all year.
- Spice of the Month Accelerated Learning: Our Festive Feast
Goes live every October, jam packed with ideas to “spice up” any festive event. The rest of the year, you can enjoy Christmas music.
If you know of any other places where it’s always Christmas or where Christmas comes early, please share them in “Comments”.
Other Blog Entries With Ideas for Christmas Events:
- Christmas Team Building & Corporate Events: Start Planning for Christmas in July
- Winter Team Building in Toronto, Montreal & Japan
- Corporate Event Planning: Cool Places to Beat the HeatYou’d expect to find snow in Toronto but how about Singapore, Malaysia, & Dubai. Here you’ll find ideas for creating events with a winter theme, anywhere, anytime.
Need help with Christmas Event Planning?
Executive Oasis International has a wide range of options for Christmas team building and corporate events.