10 Benefits of Booking 2013 Executive Retreats & Team Building Today
With 2012, drawing to a close, companies are measuring results and formulating plans for 2013. There are only a few weeks left in the year and there are many benefits of booking next year’s team building and executive retreats today.
- Team building can help win support for key 2013 corporate initiatives.
- Offer team building early to give your team the opportunity to apply new strategies and tools to have full impact on 2013 results.
The sooner you invest in your team, the sooner you’ll see results.
- Get extra time devoted to planning without spending more money.
Team building consultants can devote a lot of quality time to planning your team building retreat or business simulation during the quiet weeks before Christmas and in early January.
- Executives can block out dates early to ensure availability before calendars get filled.
- Executives can devote more quality attention to team building and provide input during these slower weeks of the year than during catch up time after the holidays.
- Ensure smooth logistics avoid the pressure of scrambling to plan team building in a short timeframe.
- Stretch your budget and use what’s left in your 2012 budget to enrich next year’s team building.
Many hotels and event venues in North America, the Caribbean, Europe, Dubai, and Oman are having end of year specials and giving special perks. There are also early bird specials for off-season (e.g. May – October in the Caribbean.) These will disappear in the New Year. Don’t lock in your dates until you have information about these specials.
- Save on airfare if you don’t leave your plans to the last minute.
- Venues for some programmes sell out early so you’ll avoid disappointment.
If your team has their heart set on a cooking event, dog sledding or a desert safari as part of their team building reatreat, it is important to act now.
- You have a better chance of getting your preferred dates, hotels and event venues.
Many teams have worked extremely hard without much support to generate results since the 2008 meltdown. It’s time to invest in your team and build experiences that express your appreciation into your retreat.
So, do it now!
Team Building Ideas for 2013
My company, Executive Oasis International has a range of facilitated team building retreats and business simulations.
- Visexecutaries: Seizing Opportunities in our Shifting Corporate Landscape (Global)
Apprentice Inspired Team Building with a real, business related project or one that raises funds to give back to the community.
- The Quest for Black Gold (Dubai, Abu Dhabi)
During this powerful simulation, teams use GPS units to discover an oil rig and oil field in the desert. The first team to pump oil wins. The experience is debriefed to uncover business related lessons.
- Pearl Diving Simulation (Dubai)
- Journey to the Lost City (Jordan)
- Inc. Inc.: Breaking Down Silos (Global)
A parallel universe reflects and mirrors the realities of your organization.Versions include Restaurant Inc. with cooking, Ice Factory with ice sculpting, Construction Inc., and many more.
We would be pleased to customize one of our team building simulations for your team or custom design something special to meet your objectives.
Now that you have sampled our innovative team building approaches through this blog, we hope that you will keep Executive Oasis International in mind the next time your company requires team building, an executive retreat or on-site consulting to boost the effectiveness of your teams.